Malahide Castle and The Casino Model Railway Museum have come together to offer you a wonderful combined ticket option, so you can experience both attractions on your day out to Malahide for as little as €12 per person!
Start your day at Malahide Castle, choose between an 9.30am or 11.30am guided tour of the castle. On this 45 minute tour learn all about the Talbot Family and the historical events that shaped their lives. Explore the Oak Room , Drawing Rooms, Bedrooms and the medieval Great Hall on your tour.
At your leisure visit the Walled Botanical Gardens and Butterfly House at Malahide Castle before taking a 10 minute stroll to the Casino Model Railway Museum, located directly opposite the pedestrian entrance to Malahide Castle’s grounds. Present your ticket collected at Malahide Castle at the Casino Model Railway admission desk for your entry. Please note last entry to gardens is 3pm Nov-Mar , gardens close at 4pm sharp
(Scroll down the page for more information)
At the Model Railway Museum learn about the history of Irish Rail through interactive and colourful interpretative displays. Explore Cyril Fry’s extensive model railway collection and see the new large model railway trains running through some of Ireland’s well known towns and villages! The Model Railway Museum is a self-guided experience for you to enjoy at your own pace.
Tickets can be booked online via the Malahide Castle & Gardens website or purchased at the admission desk at Malahide Castle- subject to availability on the day
- This special offer combined ticket is only available Monday to Friday and tours of Malahide Castle are restricted to either 9.30am or 11.30am tour. Your visit must start at Malahide Castle where you collect your ticket in advance of tour from the admissions desk in the visitor centre before proceeding to the main castle door entrance.
- Combination ticket is operational from January to March, mid week days only
- The Casino Model Railway Museum opens at 1pm on Mondays and 10am Tuesday-Sunday. Last entry is at 4pm
- Tickets must be used to enter both attractions on the same day. Ticket does not carry over to other days
- Masks or face covering must be worn inside buildings at all times
Rest assured your safety is our priority. Our teams at Malahide Castle and The Casino Model Railway Museum have all completed a comprehensive COVID-19 hygiene and safety control training course in accordance with Failte Ireland’s COVID-19 Safety Charter
You can be guaranteed limited capacity on tours , social distancing markers in place, all staff wearing face coverings and we’ve sanitising stations located throughout the buildings.